Followers

Friday, November 5, 2010

Carl Palmer States No More Reunion Shows For ELP



FROM CLASSIC ROCK MAGAZINES DAVE LING:


Carl Palmer has told Classic Rock that, so far as he is concerned, Emerson, Lake & Palmer’s 40th anniversary reunion gig at this summer’s High Voltage Festival will be the trio’s final appearance together.
We asked the drummer whether, after 12 years away, it was difficult to reactivate the beast.

“Well, for reasons I won’t go into it’s always hard to rev it up. We rehearsed for it for a month, which almost killed me. Not the physical side of it, just keeping interested. Me personally, I didn’t need a month. But that’s what we did, and when it came to the gig what you saw was what you got. That’s as good as it will ever be (again). Everyone seemed pretty happy with it, and I think that gig will be far as the three of us can take things.”

After so long away, standing at the side of the stage how did it feel to go on there and do it again? Was there some anxiety?

“Not from me, I’m not the nervous type. I play all the time,” Palmer responded. “Greg (Lake) and Keith (Emerson), on the other hand, were highly nervous and that was part of the problem though they both did the best they could. I looked at it not exactly as just another festival, but well… Asia have played more than 200 gigs since the reunion, and of course I’ve also got my own band. For me, like I said, it was the month’s rehearsal and not the gig that really frustrated me.”

If you missed the band’s High Voltage farewell then do not panic. A DVD of the event is being put together.

“We’ve been doing some overdubs and there will also be an audio CD, but it’s looking really good,” reveals Palmer. “And that’s about it, really. There are no plans to do anything else, not from my perspective anyway. I’ve let the other two know that. Being the 40th anniversary, it seemed a great way to finish things. Let’s just leave it there.”

Palmer tours the UK with Asia throughout December. For details go to:
http://originalasia.com/


No comments: