Followers

Friday, November 19, 2010

Drummer MARK ZONDER Forms New Prog-Metal Band, Offers Lessons Via Skype


FATES WARNING drummer Mark Zonder has issued the following update:

"I have been working on a few new things of late. I finished the album with Gary Hughes and the band TEN. Dennis Ward will be mixing and it will be out on Frontiers Records soon. Great record and I can't wait to hear the final version. Really enjoyed myself and challenged myself on this as it is a strong commercial rock album, but I also added my personality to it. This will really be something. Very proud of my work on this. I have also decided to give drum lessons via Skype. I will be able to reach students worldwide and trying to use technology to its fullest. I will be taking a stereo feed from my recording console so my drum sound should be album quality. I am planning both an ongoing course of study program or a single lesson, much like a master class.

"A students input and desired instructional direction is crucial. I want to teach what the student wants to learn, not just what I want. More details in the next couple weeks. I can be reached at mark@markzonder.com for inquires.

"Last but not least, I have put together a full-out prog-metal band. Yes, I said prog… Time to get back to this world, time to go home. At present we are putting together songs. Sort of like playing a drum solo from start to finish. A lot of playing but also great vocals and big hooks. Sort of fun not worrying about having the vocals start 20 seconds in. More to come shortly."

For more information, visit
www.markzonder.com

No comments: