Followers

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Jon Lord/Deep Purple News



Former DEEP PURPLE keyboardist Jon Lord, who recently revealed that he is fighting cancer, has released the following statement:

"Just a quick line or two from an absolutely overwhelmed, gratified and humbled musician. Your responses to the news of my condition have touched my heart in a way that has truly helped to make my life a better place to be than it had occasionally threatened to become these last few weeks. Your wonderful messages wishing me strength and courage have given me even
more strength and courage — and so much more than you can ever know. I read many of them with tears in my eyes, grateful for this cast-iron proof of the innate goodness of the human being, and grateful to every single one of you for your invaluable support.
This message goes out, too, to all the similarly wonderful folk on other websites whose
support has been equally warm and strong and I want you all to know how
greatly heartened and comforted I am by all this. The treatment continues and I am confident and being supported by my glorious family and an amazing group of friends.

See you soon."

Jon Lord is recognized for his Hammond organ blues-rock playing and unique sound and for his pioneering work in fusing rock and classical or baroque forms. He has most famously been a member of DEEP PURPLE, the band he co-founded in 1968.

Lord recently received the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Music from the University of Leicester.

No comments: