Followers

Friday, November 4, 2011

DREAM THEATER Drummer Schedules Nashville Clinic


DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Mangini will take part in a drum clinic on November 15 at Fork's Drum Closet in Nashville, Tennessee.

For more information, go to this location.

In a recent interview with Zoiks! Online, Mangini stated about the fan reaction to his addition to DREAM THEATER, "It depends on what you mean by fan reaction, because there are people
who have seen the show and then there are people who have not seen the
show, so you have to divide them into two distinctly different groups. A lot of times the people who haven't seen it have more to say, but they
haven't seen it, so I don't know what that is all about sometimes. The
people that have seen it, by the third song they are making me feel so
welcome that it has transformed everything for me to another level. It
makes it that much easier because they have been overwhelmingly
positive. It's great."

When asked about the fact that DREAM THEATER's current tour setlist is remaining consistent for the entire duration of the trek as opposed to when Mike Portnoy was a member of the band and it would change from night to the next, Mangini said, "The consistent setlist is the way to go. It allows the crew to
be consistent each night. It allows the transitions to be consistent. It allows us to get comfortable with the flow. For me I wouldn't want to
mix up the set at all, because I haven't been in the band for too long.
My past would dictate that just throwing songs in would be risky for the flow… It might be fun, though. I don't know; I've never done it."

No comments: