Followers

Thursday, March 28, 2013

RUSH Frontman To Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch At TORONTO BLUE JAYS Home Opener




RUSH bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee will throw out the ceremonial first pitch when the Toronto Blue Jays open their 37th regular season on Tuesday, April 2 against the Cleveland Indians.

Geddy is a Blue Jays season-ticket holder who gets to about 25 games a year when he isn't touring. He also manages a 40-man keeper fantasy team.

In addition to fantasy and following the Jays, Geddy has a museum-quality baseball memorabilia collection. According to ESPN, he collects autographed baseballs and has recently gotten into collecting game-used items. Baseballs signed by Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, Christy Mathewson, Honus Wagner and Cy Young are just a few of his prized possessions.

"I really find it fascinating how baseballs are signed," Lee said. "It's not an easy item to autograph, but I love the sphere and
have gotten hundreds signed in person. It's such a beautiful thing!"

He added: "I've recently started collecting balls from no-hitter games,
and I have about 15 different ones. I have four or five of them from Nolan Ryan no-nos. I've gotten to know Randy Johnson, as he is a fan of the band, so I have a ball from his no-hitter and one from his 19-strikeout game."

No comments: