Followers

Saturday, March 22, 2014

RUSH To Embark On 41st-Anniversary Tour In 2015

Guitarist Alex Lifeson of Canadian rock legends RUSH has confirmed to RollingStone.com that the band will embark on a 41st anniversary tour in 2015.
"The three of us just had a meeting," Lifeson told the site. "We said, 'Let's not talk about anything band-wise for the next year. Let's separate ourselves and come back rejuvenated.' Unfortunately, the other people at that meeting didn't hear what we were talking about, so there are already plans being made for spring of 2015. It's going to be a 41st anniversary tour, or whatever they're going to call it."
Asked about the specifics of the tour, Lifeson said: "We haven't really talked seriously about what we want to do. But I think we're probably going to lean towards making it a real sort of fan event, and really try to put something together that's very pleasing for the fans across the board. That's always been difficult, for us to sort of balance things."
RUSH bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee told RollingStone.com last September that the band would go on an extended break in 2014. "My attitude is that as much as I'd like to celebrate 40 years, we need a break more than we need a 40th-anniversary celebration," he said at the time. "There's nothing wrong with celebrating 42 years."
He continued: "The plan now is to have no plans. We have had a great 10 years of tour, album, tour, album. I can honestly say that the three of us enjoyed this tour more than any one we've ever done. We left on a high note, but we recognize that we need to pay attention to our families and recharge our batteries. So we decided that we're just not going to discuss anything for a little while.

“It's exciting for me because I get to spend a lot of time traveling with my wife," he added. "We love to do that. I am officially an empty nester now, so my wife and I have time on our hands. We have all kinds of trips planned, things we wanted to do for years but we put off. This is going to be a busy year for us. I'm totally fine with that."

No comments: