Followers

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Alan Reed Is Forced Out Of Pallas

From the Facebook Of Alan Reed of Pallas:

It is with great regret that I must tell you that I am no longer a member of Pallas.

This is not a situation of my desire or choosing. I have been unceremoniously informed that the other members of the band have unanimously decided to sack me. This has happened without prior warning or discussion.

The purported reason is an alleged lack of commitment on my part to the band and the forthcoming album. My external activities with other projects is cited in support of this.

I can only express my sadness that I will no longer be part of the Pallas story. The new album was/is shaping up to be a good one, and I was looking forward to participating fully in it.

I take extreme exception to the suggestion that I was not committed to the band. As I'm sure anyone who knows me will testify, I've been passionate about Pallas since I first joined 25 years ago. I've also been very active in the organisation of the band on many levels.

I can't begin to say how angry and hurt I feel at the way this has been done. We've all been through a lot together over the years, and I've always considered every member of the band and crew a close personal friend. I'd like to say that I wish Graeme, Niall, Ronnie and Colin the best of luck without me - but as you will understand, such Machiavellian treatment leaves a bitter taste. However, I am not and never have been vengeful, and perhaps in the fullness of time we'll speak again.. But this is a betrayal that is not easily forgiven.

As for my own future, it's too early to say. I had not anticipated this, and was expecting a full programme of Pallas-related activity over the next year. Whatever my next move is, it's likely to sound very different. I hope you will continue to offer me the same support and friendship that I have enjoyed up until now.

Alan Reed

No comments: