Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

TESSERACT Announces New Singer



U.K. progressive metallers TESSERACT have announced the addition of vocalist Elliot Coleman to the group's ranks. Elliot's huge range, distinctive character and brutal roars demonstrated on his work with OMNOM, SKY EATS AIRPLANE and ZELLIACK made him the perfect replacement for former vocalist, Dan Tompkins.

TESSERACT bassist Amos Williams makes the introduction: "We'd like to take this opportunity to introduce somebody special, Elliot Coleman. Some of you may know him as a member of ZELLIACK, SKY EATS AIRPLANE and OF LEGENDS, or maybe from OMNOM, or HAUNTED SHORES. Well, now he's part of TESSERACT!

"We're very excited about working with Elliot as we feel he has a great talent and personality, as well as, and most
importantly, a voice that transcends the norm and continues the TESSERACT tradition of taking things to the next level."

Elliot's catalogue of work is as impressive as it is extensive, including numerous appearances with HAUNTED SHORES and a guest spot on PERIPHERY's track "Race Car". He most recently played bass in Washington D.C. tech metallers OF LEGENDS, but as a passionate vocalist, he jumped at the chance to front TESSERACT.

Commented Elliot: "I'm very much excited to be a part of the juggernaut that is TESSERACT. I know I have big shoes to fill, as Dan is a fantastic vocalist, but I'm confident that we'll be producing some great new music in the coming year and I'll be adding some new flavors
to this ever-evolving machine."

Tompkins left TESSERACT in July due to other life priorities. He explained in a statement,
"This has been the most difficult decision I have had to make in my
career as a singer. My priorities in life have changed and as such I can no longer continue with the band. Our friendships are strong and I wish to thank Acle, Mos, Jay and James for all
their support and dedication over the past few years. We have achieved
great things, travelled the world and met many incredible people and I
stand proud to say that I have been a part of the band's success and
helped to carve a wonderful album. I will hold onto these memories for
the rest of my life. It has been an incredible journey and it is
certainly not the end for myself or TESSERACT. I look forward to new beginnings and wish my good friends all the very best for the future."

Added Amos: "You know, when you travel so far and spend so much time together, as
well as achieving as much as we have over the past three years, you
become like family. And it is precisely because of that close bond that
we fully understand and respect Dan's choice to no longer be a part of TESSERACT. We are and will always be close friends, and hope there will be a time
in the future when we will work together again. Thank you, buddy, for
being part of the TESSERACT journey; we will always have fond memories of the Dan Tompkins years!"

Approaching the lineup adjustment as a progression rather than a setback, TESSERACT is already hard at work writing the follow-up to the critically acclaimed album "One" with Elliot.

TESSERACT will headline the "Lowering The Tone" European tour in September and October before heading to the U.S. for the "Saints And Sinners" trek in November and December with ANIMALS AS LEADERS and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

No comments: