Followers

Saturday, May 21, 2011

DREAM THEATER To Begin Mixing New Album In 10 Days


Paul Anthony of U.K.'s Rock Radio conducted an interview with vocalist James LaBrie of progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER this past Wednesday night (May 18). Click on the audio player below to hear James talk about the departure of Mike Portnoy, the search for new drummer Mike Mangini and how much the band is looking forward to coming back to the U.K. for the High Voltage festival in July.When asked about the status of the recording sessions for the follow-up to 2009's "Black Clouds & Silver Linings" album, LaBrie said, "Right now, I'm talking to you, and then, literally, within about a half an hour after we're done talking, I'm going into the studio and I start doing vocals for the new DREAM THEATER. So I'm about six songs into the album. I'm recording up in Canada, and as I'm recording my vocals, Jordan [Rudess] is currently recording his keyboards, piano and putting on all his amazing sounds from his various software that he has, and he's doing that down in New York. The drums, the guitar and the bass are all done, so it's just a matter of Jordan and I finishing our parts, and the mix is to commence… I think May 30 or the 31st we're supposed to start mixing the album. But it's all going incredible and it's all moving ahead. We're looking at an early September release — somewhere around the 7th or the 10th, somewhere around there isthe release indication at this point."

No comments: